Saturday, March 03, 2007

From the logbook...fish anyone?

VERY early this morning my previous lunch from yesterday came a calling. I was out of commission if you know what I mean for quite a while, and didn't even think I would make it into work today. I did eventually go to work, albeit a little late. When I got there I had two short flights bringing out Compassion International teams, and I was done flying at around 1 pm, or so I thought.

At around 4 pm we got a radio call saying that there was an emergency in a village called San Juan, where a 7 month old boy had eaten a lot of caustic dish soap. So, we pulled the airplane back out, and about 15 minutes later I was airborne. The flight was thankfully a non-event, and a little over an hour later I was back in Shell, and the little boy and his mom were on their way to the hospital.

Steve was the only other pilot flying with me today. He brought back some interesting cargo on his last flight...

This is called a "Bagre" or jungle catfish. They can get huge, even bigger than this one. There are actually two fish on the hand truck. The bigger fish was put on our scales and topped out at 120 pounds. That's a lot of fish! The woman standing next to the fish for scale perception is our secretary Elsa.

3 comments:

Javier said...

big fish sean!! I need some maf airplane pic sean!

Rebecca said...

Javier...the intent of my blog is not to put pictures of MAF planes everyday. The purpose of our blog is to show what our lives entail in every aspect. I am sure to put more pictures of MAF planes on our blog, but until I do, you might want to look at the MAF homepage our the recruiting page. www.maf.org or www.mafrecruiting.org If you don't find anything on those pages that suits your fancy, please be patient and maybe there will be some more pictures of MAF planes on my blog sometime...Sean

Javier said...

ok sean.