Saturday, March 10, 2007

Life in the fast lane

These past few days, the whole week in fact, seem like a blur. The past two nights we have had guests over for dinner. Since Wednesday, we have been only 2 pilots at work, myself included. Two of our pilots are in Costa Rica at some MAF regional meetings. Yesterday, we were rained out ALL day, as well as Monday. Therefore, today we had a lot to get done between Steve and I. We didn't get it all done, but the most important flights were done. I am also on call this weekend. Usually when you are on call you show up at the hangar on Saturday morning and see if there are any flights to do. I already know I have at least 3 flights for tomorrow, perhaps more if we get our usual emergency calls. Then, tomorrow evening I have worship practice at church. I am leading worship at church this Sunday. Hopefully I won't have any emergencies Sunday morning to go fly and pick up, or I will have to miss church, and I don't know what will happen. I do know life will go on. Amidst all the craziness lately, we are taking it easy tonight. Brooklyn is watching one of her new Barbie movies, which she loves. I will probably try to watch with her, but I might have to use it as an excuse to fall asleep early.

This morning I caught a good sunrise when I woke up. Living on the equator we don't see many "good" sunrises or sunsets. The sun comes right up, and goes right down. It isn't like in the lower or higher latitudes where the light lingers for "X" amount of minutes before the sunrise or sunset. But this morning with the way the clouds were, it looked pretty neat. The antenna in the middle of the picture is from our other pilot Chad's house. We actually share internet with his family, and the square thing on the antenna beams our signals back and forth.

No comments: