Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A few recent snapshots

Last night as I was getting on my bike to come home after work the sun was setting behind the ash plume of Tungurahua Volcano. It was a pretty sight.

Yesterday I was in Nemonpade again, and got a neat shot of Mincaye. He is one of the greatest examples of the transformational power of Christ that I have ever met. Although we don't understand each other very well, there is nothing more disarming than a smile as big as his. He has invited me to go hunting with him the past few times I have been in NEM. I don't know if it would ever work out, but I think it might be fun. (hunting meaning 4-6 days in the jungle chasing whatever we see through the wild)

While walking through Nemonpade a few days ago, I noticed these fungi on a fallen tree. The jungle is a haven for weird types of fungi, and I thought these were no exception.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Such cool pics...can you imagine what we'll think when we look back on those? Awesome. I love that you take such wonderful pictures that help record our life :-) Now, buy me a camera so I can take pictures here at home! So many photo ops and no camera...it's a shame...could have had a really great shot of that lizard climbing on our stereo speaker or one of Madison being cute or Brooklyn playing in her pool (now you'll be getting Grandparent pressure to share your camera - how do you like that?!) Love you - Becca

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the compliments honey...now, instead of buying you a camera, can I by a new telephoto lense? Sean