Tuesday, April 03, 2007

From the logbook...Nemonpade

I had only one scheduled flight today. Before I could get around to doing it, we got word of a snake bite, a complicated pregnancy, and a serious ear infection. So, I set out on a medical flight first thing this morning. I was back just before lunch after making the rounds picking up these people.

Finally, I was able to make my original flight into the village of Nemonpade (NEM). This is a Waorani community. I had a fun time in there and the people are so nice. Two men of the spearing party that killed Nate Saint and his friends live there. They are a lot of fun, and 100% proof of the changing power of Christ.This little girl just lit up when I pointed the camera her way. Her people are full of smiles, and they are easy to make laugh. I always enjoy when I get to go into their area.

Here is a close up of the parrot. We would like to have one like this as a pet. Some day I am going to figure out what I can trade for one. Of course it would live outside. Birds are filthy animals, but he won't have to worry about freezing in his cage outside like he would if we still lived in Colorado.


I saw this centipede belly up as I walked through NEM. He had just died. I had never seen one like this, so I picked him up and put him on the wood planking of a house and took some pictures. His design is awesome. I'm glad he was dead, because I wouldn't have messed with him. They are to creepy and have to many legs going at the same time.

3 comments:

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
أُكتب بالرصاص said...

its seem nice blog...
and i liked those photos

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the reading, and the compliments on the pictures...Have a great day...Sean