Friday, April 20, 2007

My favorite sister

For reasons unknown to me, April is a huge month of birthdays in my family. My sister is no exception. Although April 20th is sometimes known in history for some weird world events, it is also my sister's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHAEL!!!

She is attending Colorado State University, works in her non school hours to support herself, and is still excelling with her schoolwork as her work load increases as she approaches graduation.

I am proud of you like no other brother can be Rachael. I am honoured to call you my sister and look forward to the stories we will always be able to tell our children around the table someday. I admire your stubborn dedication to stick with things even when they are hard. I admire how you stick true to your convictions and don't always follow the crowd, although it has meant heartache. Keep working hard knowing that no drop of sweat is ever in vain. I love you more than you know. You are a great aunt, sister-in-law, and sister. I would have it no other way. We all love you aunt Racher, have a great day...
Here is my family with a Quechua woman that sold them some things on their visit to Ecuador. My sister on the left, the tall guy on her left is my dad with Brooklyn in his grasp, the vendor lady and her daughter, and my mom on the right.

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Sean, what a precious tribute to your sweet sister! Happy Birthday, Rachael!!

Rebecca said...

To my awesome sister-in-law: It's true - we are sooooo proud of you. I can't begin to tell you how much I admire your determination to do the things you've set your mind to. You're as stubborn as your brother....but much prettier! Keep working hard and chasing God, it'll pay off! I love you! --Becca

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU AUNTIE RACHER!
Hugs and Kisses, Brooklyn
p.s. Maddie sends a slobbery kiss too.