Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Coming up for air

We have been very busy lately. At the hangar we have more flight request than we can even come close to meeting right now. I am coordinating which can make things crazy. Trying to sort all the flight combinations, cargoes, and available payloads has me doing a lot of math everyday. Luckily it is not trig or physics. It is just your everyday addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. And then doing it over again because somebody brought more cargo after everything was weighed, and then realizing you are 41 pounds overweight and having to figure out what stays and what goes. Needless to say when I am coordinating my Spanish improves a lot, but by the end of the day my tongue is pretty twisted. Here is a shot of Kevin landing in Shell yesterday afternoon. Nothing spectacular about the shot, I just had good lighting so I got the camera out before I went home.

This is another shot of the mountains trying to come out from under the clouds yesterday afternoon. The Andes are impressive mountains, and are always fun to see in new perspectives and lighting conditions.

No comments: