Sunday, April 15, 2007

Various

  • Did you read Becca's blog about how a local Internet newspaper in Colorado used one of my photos for it's Thursday edition? As Becca said, I thought it was pretty cool, even though it is a very small scale newspaper. If you stare at the little circle of the sun going down, watch what happens to the picture. It begins to dance. I am pretty sure it is due to the refresh rate of a computer monitor, or maybe I am just off my rocker.
  • Speaking of that Internet newspaper, SLV Dweller, they also have a neat YouTube video about straw bale houses on Wednesday's edition. In all honesty it really appeals to Becca and I. I know it sounds a little earthy and hippy-like, but I guess my parents continue to rub off on me. The video is a promo and doesn't give many if any downsides of that type of construction. It obviously wouldn't work here in the Ecuadorian jungle where it rains 22 feet a year. Can you say mud pie?
  • If you look on the sidebar of the blog, you will see yet another addition. I have another web album at Flicker. Maintaining two web albums is a lot of work. I don't know if I will keep it, but I'll sit on the idea for a while and see what happens.
  • We still don't have a contract signed with the Ministry of Health for air ambulance flights. My boss Dan has a meeting with all the big wigs in Quito on Tuesday. Join us in prayer about that.
  • We have been doing a ton of flying for Compassion International. Right now they are hosting church camps in various parts of the jungle. It is our job to be the logistical support. This means hauling hundreds of children, thousands of pounds of cargo, and whatever else comes up. Tomorrow, I have the lightest flight schedule of anyone, and I am slated to have 12 landings and over 3hours of flying. I'm already tired.
  • My Becca has sure worked hard lately. She described very briefly in her blog about having and feeding 20 people in our home Thursday night. She describes it like it is no big deal. My hat's off to you babe, I have trouble feeding myself, let alone 20 other people. You did a great job!!!
  • Ecuadorians are back at the voting booth today. They are voting on keeping their current constitution with some updates, or allowing the new administration to make a totally new constitution/government model for Ecuador. Might be interesting to see what happens.

No comments: