Tuesday, May 01, 2007

From the logbook...Back in the Saddle

Yesterday was my first day flying again in 9 days. Honestly, it was a nice break. I love flying, and I will always love flying, but sometimes you just need a break. So after a good long rest from the cockpit it was nice to be back at it again yesterday. They had me flying hard too. I had 3.5 hours of flight time and 10 landings. When I got home, I think I fell asleep on the couch before 8pm. I didn't last very long. Part of this was due to an accidentally self-imposed, caffeine induced, hyperactivity disorder causing poor sleep (drinking coffee too late the previous night).

The emphasis of our flying yesterday was taking Compassion International kids back to their home villages. They had all been in the village of Santiak (STK) for a week long version of church camp, jungle style. I'm not sure how many dozens of kids we flew home, but it was a lot.

Here is a shot of Steve and I getting our passengers sorted out in STK. Chad was also involved in the STK flying, totaling 3 airplanes in "Operation-Get these kids home."

Here is my first load of happy campers. If you count closely, you will see 7 little faces, and 1 big one. I had a lot of souls on board, but not much weight. All together, those 7 kids weighed about 280 pounds. These kids were from San Carlos (SCL).

Here is Steve taking off from Santiak with a load of kids. We all had a lot of landings and takeoffs from STK yesterday.

This is Chad en-route to SCL after I was there with another load of 7 kids. As I was heading back to STK for another load of people we crossed paths. As you can tell from the picture, the jungle is REALLY big and our airplanes are REALLY small!

No comments: