Sunday, April 29, 2007

Some recent shots

Yesterday, I put a bunch more photos in the gallery. Here are a couple that were included as well.
This waterfall was encountered on my short afternoon hike that I went on during our little vacation last week. The scenery of that area of Ecuador could leave a photographer busy and satisfied for a long time.

On a related note, I was looking at a map last night and noticed the mountain pass that we drove over to get to Papallacta. After converting the elevation from meters to feet, I was astonished. No wonder we could sense the lack of oxygen, we were only at 13,100 feet! This is a difference of about 10,000 feet, or almost 2 vertical miles from what we are acclimated to in Shell, living at the foot of the Andes Mountains and the Amazon Jungle.

As I looked out my bedroom window a few mornings ago, I saw this grasshopper crawling around on a palm plant. I have seen this type before, and even posted their picture on the blog, but their design still fascinates me. This picture is only slightly larger than the real life size version of the grasshopper.

No comments: