Thursday, May 03, 2007

From the logbook...Flood Relief

Today, I had two flights to a village called Moretecocha (MRT). I took a Compassion International couple and their little girl to visit the village and help with some flood relief. A few weeks ago, the nearby river flooded very badly. The river was so full it covered the airstrip and even washed away a few homes. In both of my flights to MRT I was full with cargo as well. I hauled things like pots and pans, cloth, clothing, rubber boots, machetes, axes, nails, food, etc. Needless to say I hauled a LOT of stuff to help out the community of MRT. These are the type of flights where loving what I do is pretty easy. It is easy to see the help and hope we bring with the airplane. Although, the weather made these flights a challenge today. See below...

This is a look out my front window. Despite the challenges of flying with rain on all sides, it is nonetheless beautiful.


This is looking out my right side passenger window towards the rear of the airplane. Again, I think it is so cool how God seemed to make all these bridal veils with various rain showers. Despite all the green in the jungle, there isn't a day that goes by when I am flying over it that I don't see something in a new perspective. It can be the way a ridge line looks, the way a river flows, or the various shades of green that the jungle canopy can make. I do have the best office view in the world!

No comments: