Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Roofing Project

For the past week or so, we have had a project going on at our house. The plan was to put a covering over part of our rearward house connecting to the bodega. I have the day off today (Ecuadorian Labor Day) so Ron and I (our fixerupperdoeverything guy) went to work to finish things up. The framing was already up, so we just had to install the metal roofing. After about 2 hours, we were done. Now, we are waiting for the rain to see just how well it works. I'm sure we won't have to wait long. Ron sent the greenhorn onto the "scaffolding" to drill holes and put screws into the upper braces. It was a fun time, and I always learn something. I don't know a lot about carpentry/construction things, so I enjoy when I have times like this to soak up little tid bits.


Here Ron and I are on the roof of our house. Most roofs are flat here (ya, I don't understand why they build flat roofs in a place with 22 feet of annual rain either) and we are covering the section from our rear house door to our bodega. The bodega houses our washing and drying machines, and anything else that needs stored. The big blue tank under Ron's ladder is our water cistern which we use when the city water has problems. We are averaging having to use the aux. water system about once a week.

No comments: