Sunday, May 20, 2007

From the logbook...On Call

It is my weekend to be on call. I had yesterday off, therefore we went on a shopping trip for groceries about 2 hours away Ambato. It turned into more than we bargained for. Hopefully Becca will write about it in her blog. She will do a better job telling about a "normal" grocery run.

Today, I had a lot to get done. I wasn't able to complete all that I had on my plate today due to weather. The weather chased me home in the afternoon and I will try to clean up tomorrow. Even still, I had 9 landings and 2.5 hours of flying. Here are a few pics from today...
This was taken just after landing in San Carlos. I got the airplane really muddy upon landing and thought it would be fun to take a pic. So, I asked everyone to pile around and get in on the picture. I was dropping off a team of Compassion International missionaries to work there for a few days.


While loading my cargo in Copataza, I saw an unusual movement in one of the sacks. After further inquiry into what I was unknowingly handling and putting into the belly pod, they told me it was a small alligator. Enough said, pull that thing out, I wanted to get a closer look. They said the gators get about as big as I am when they are fully grown. He was a pretty neat lil' fella.

No comments: