Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend flying

These past few days at the hangar have been a bit hectic to say the least. Due to many things outside of our control, our fleet was grounded from Wednesday through Friday morning. Because of this things really backed up on us. In order to help alleviate some of the backlog, I volunteered to come in today and do one flight, even though it isn't my weekend to be on call. I had room to bring along Brooklyn which was great, because she bugs me on almost a daily basis asking me to go flying. It was fun that it worked out. But, wouldn't you know it, our flight didn't work out as planned. En route to our destinations, we began to fly over a layer of clouds, which quickly became solid. I was flying above them, but there wasn't a hole anywhere to descend through. So, we flew 50 minutes out over the jungle and then turned around came back to Shell. I told our passengers that we will give er' a try again on Monday.

I took this pic in flight. It turned out pretty funny, esp. the look on my passengers faces. It's like they are thinking "Man, we got the crazy pilot today. He doesn't even have his hands on the controls and he is always taking pictures.

No comments: