Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend

We haven't done a whole lot this weekend. We have been able to get a lot of odds and ends done around the house, which always seem to get put on the backburner in our busy life. Late this afternoon I did go for a short bike ride in which I passed by one of our local attractions...


This is what the locals call the dique, or dike. They basically put a small dam on the local Pindu River and made a small recreation area out of it. It is very well done, and looks really fun. On a nice day like we had today, it gets pretty full of people. I want to go swimming in it, but the local hospital has advised us not to. Periodically they run lab tests on the water, and they always come back very foul, mostly with human waste. So, I don't think I will be dipping in the dique anytime soon, but it is still fun to swing by there from time to time to see what is happening.

1 comment:

Tony & Angie Werner said...

Hi Sean adn Becca, I was just checking out your web page. It looks great! I keep up with what you guys are doing when Vicki and I meet for prayer. We miss you and we're always praying for you! Take care, Angie