Tuesday, June 05, 2007

From the logbook...

Today was a light day on the flight schedule. It was a good thing, because I waited until 3:30 to set out on my first flight. My original flight was to long to do once the weather became operable, so we put something smaller together and set off. I was flying with our instructor pilot to begin the flying portion of my 6 month check. We only had 2 stops. Our first was to IƱaywa (INY) to drop off some cargo. This community is also receiving supplies to "plumb" the village with water just like the communities of Yuvientza and Paandin that I have written about also.

After landing in INY these 3 little kids made for a good picture. The grass was getting a little long, and you can see how the community had begun cutting it just behind where the kids are standing.

After INY we flew 8 minutes to Makuma, where we picked up some awaiting Bible translators that need to run some errands for a few days in the "civilized" world. To get back into Shell we "shot" the instrument approach due to low clouds and landed shortly after 5:30.

It was a lot of fun to be back in the cockpit after a week of coordinating. It is a great job that I have (although very hard sometimes) and the views are always good from my office!

No comments: