Wednesday, June 06, 2007

From the logbook...Jungle yard sale

Once again today we had to wait for the weather to get better before we could launch and get something done. It was lunch time when our instructor pilot and I set off for our planned stops. I am still in process of completing my 6 month check and should be done tomorrow.

We went into an airstrip today that was new to me called Bufeo (BUF). The people seemed nice and friendly and happy to see us. The airstrip itself is one of our shortest (370 meters) and a one way in and out landing/takeoff.

I had to take this picture because it made me laugh as I was preparing to takeoff. The words on the building say "vendo algunas cosas" which translated means "I'm selling some things." While it may not appear very funny to most of my readers, you have to understand the way things work in the jungle. To see something as unspecific as some guy selling somethings in the middle of the jungle made me laugh. I'm sure whatever he had to sell was one or two things, that perhaps to us would appear worthless.

No comments: