Friday, June 08, 2007

From the logbook...

  • I finished my 6 month check yesterday. I am happy to report that everything went really well. As with most things like this, I still have things that I can improve on and get better at, but overall our instructor pilot liked what he saw.
  • I was also able to complete my instrument flight approval during my 6 month check. Now, I am MAF approved to fly in instrument (clouds) conditions. This should help a lot in my day to day operational flying.
  • Today we had horrible weather again until late afternoon. So, we had to scrub flights and reorganize others with the time we had left. I went to Makuma and took the bible translators home that I pulled out of the jungle earlier this week. After that, I had some various passengers that I flew home nearby. I also brought out a man that had chopped his ear off with a machete. I didn't ask how it happened.
  • Speaking of air ambulance, thanks for joining us in prayer with our situation with them. We did receive some payment this week from AA, but it is hardly sufficient, and their account is still seriously in the red. In other words, we aren't going to change how we are handling emergencies until the account is paid in full. Please keep joining us in prayer about this.
  • Below is a pic of the folks in Yuvientza, my second stop. I asked if I could take their pic as a group, and they all seemed pretty excited about that. The blue sky in the background was the only sky like that that I saw today. This was also looking towards the border with Peru. If you were to look 180 degrees the opposite way towards Shell, you would see that yes, we have had crumby weather and Sean isn't always making it up.

No comments: