Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Flight Command

This week I am on coordinating duties. Probably means I won't fly much, but the way the schedule looks nobody is going to be flying much. Looking forward to Friday we will be slammed with flights, but between here and there, we are pretty light. I may do a post maintenance flight with Alas 10 today, but that is about it.

This past weekend we also welcomed back some of our teammates. If you remember when we first arrived in Ecuador we were house sitting for an MAF couple that went to help in Suriname. After almost a year and a half they finally came back. After a few days of settling back in they will probably be back into the swing of things.

We (MAF-Ecuador)just got a new car. We have had MAF cars in the past, but recently a man came to visit us and heard of our need to buy a car. He basically said "OK, lets go by it." So, a few weeks later we have a brand new van that staff can use for Quito trips, vacations, airport shuttles, etc. We were and still are very grateful for the generosity of this man.

I began to update my photo albums this weekend for those of you who look. I had to back up photos and I had 8 Cd's worth of photos to store. It took a while, as is my updating to the web album, but by the end of the week I should be done.

No comments: