Saturday, July 28, 2007

From the logbook...weather delays

Today we had a full flight schedule but bad weather. It seems typical that right after I get done blogging about how great the weather has been we have a poor day. We didn't start setting off for our flights until just before 3:00pm. I had time for only a short flight, and luckily there was a large hole right over my destination through the clouds because the jungle was covered in a 1000ft thick blanket of clouds, with about a 400-500ft. ceiling beneath.Here the 3 of us are all lined up like toy soldiers getting ready to blast off for a days work in about 2-3 hours time.
On my way home I decided to fly under the clouds instead of climbing above them. My flight home was short, about 20 minutes, and I knew the weather underneath was fine since I had just come from that direction. The bridge in this picture is spanned over the Pastaza River and connects the provinces of Pastaza (where we live) to Morona Santiago to the south. When we arrived here a year and a half ago, this bridge was nearing completion, and has since been finished.

No comments: