Sunday, July 08, 2007

From the logbook...on call weekend

This weekend was a light day for flying. I had to go to one place called Cuyacocha (CUY) to pick up a government medical team and then bring them back to Shell. I was done by mid morning. We have had great weather lately which also helps flights to get done quickly. This was my first time into CUY, and because of that, I didn't take the kid staying at our house with me. I had room, but I don't like to be a test pilot when I don't have to be. That is to say, I don't want to go into a new, technical airstrip and be at the maximum possible takeoff weight and hope it all works out okay. Having been in there now, I would take off with more weight than what I came out of there with, which will help me next time as I decide what goes and what stays.
This is the aerial view of CUY. Because of the dry conditions we have had lately, the brakes actually did something when I landed. It has been nice to have the airstrips be in "decent' condition although we all know it is temporary.


There was more nakedness than what is "typical" in CUY. The medical team was there to help get a dengue fever epidemic under control.

No comments: