Friday, July 06, 2007

Quito trip

This past Sunday we made our way to Quito for a few reasons...
  • I had to get my flight medical. These are done yearly, and I passed. It is a very different process than I am used to in the States.
  • Brooklyn had a dentist appointment
  • We picked up a kid from Zambia, Africa. He wants to be a missionary pilot when he gets older and has always wanted to visit the famous Shell, Ecuador mission community. His parents are missionaries also. He is staying with us for the next few weeks.
Because of the huge landslid that wiped out our normal route to Quito we took the alternate route. Let me just say awful is an understatement. The road was so bad that when we got to Quito I found out that my front bumper was barely hanging on. Who knows what else will need tightened up.

We returned yesterday via the "normal' route. Praise God is was open! The land slide was so huge, the simply made a road out of it, and now we just drive over it and back onto the paved road.

Today at the hangar I was helping chase maintenance gremlins all day. I have to admit they won, but tomorrow I am going to win, and get Alas 10 flying again!

No comments: