Monday, September 03, 2007

A time to relax

This weekend has been a good one for relaxing. Here are a few photos of what made it nice...

We took a drive yesterday to eat at a place about 40 minutes from our house. To some that may seem like a long drive just to eat, but that is just it. We like the drive, and it helps get us out of the house. Did I mention the food was really good?

The restaurant had a nice garden to stroll though as well. So of course I took pictures. Did you know there are over 25,000 different species of known orchids in the world? That's amazing!


Yesterday on the way home from the restaurant one of the rivers we cross was really flowing. Actually, it is always "really flowing" but I finally stopped to get a picture. Just 50 yards downstream this river dumps into the Pastaza River.


Today Brooklyn and I practiced her bike riding skills on the roof. We rode yesterday as well, and I found something that really helps Brooklyn. I used duct tape and taped her feet to the pedals. Ya, I know that sounds a little...dangerous, but she really got the feel better of what both of her legs should be doing at the same time that way. Before, she would push one pedal down while the other leg hung limp, and the do the same on the other side. She wasn't getting anywhere to fast. Today I joined her riding Becca's bike. It was a great time, and our dog Maya had fun too.

No comments: