Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mt. Merbabu Pics.

A few posts ago, I showed a picture of a nearby volcano and incorrectly called it Mt. Merapi.  This volcano does exist, but it is about 8 miles behind this one...Mt. Merbabu.  Mt. Merbabu is the volcano I am currently planning to climb.  It is only about 8 miles from my house, and very near the town we drove through yesterday.  Read yesterday's post for info on that trip.

Mt. Merbabu 2

I took this photo from Brooklyn's school soccer field this morning after I dropped her off.  They have a beautifully manicured soccer field.


Mt. Merbabu

This photo I took of the same mountain when I got out of school from the public soccer field.  The two soccer fields are vastly different.  One is nice manicured grass with metal soccer goals and nets, the other, a dirt field with bamboo goal posts without nets.  One of the reasons I believe soccer is so cosmopolitan is due to that fact that the overhead is very low.  All you really need is a ball!


Cobweb Silhouette

While taking the photo from Brooklyn's school, I almost walked through this spider web.  I seem to walk through a lot of those here since I am taller than most, and my head reaches places that have not been "walked through" yet.


Corner Gas

Everywhere here there are little "warungs" or stores that sell various things.  This one sells snacks and "bensin," aka, gasoline.  Because of the amount of scooters and motorcycles here, many people just buy a liter at a time.  You can see the glass bottles full of gas for sale.

No comments: