Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Trip to the Temples

Family at Hindu Temple

This past Sunday we were invited to accompany some friends in the afternoon to some Hindu temples about an hour's drive from our house.  This kind of trip is right up our alley, and we signed up right away.  We had a great time and marveled at what life must have been like for those that built and worshiped at these temples over 900 years ago.  They were built in a valley high up in the mountains.  All 9 of them had a unique shape and were scattered over about a 1 mile trail.  It was nice to be up a little higher elevation and enjoy some cooler air and some awesome views.


Hindu Temple

My blonde princess enjoying her daily time in fairylandia.  The valley behind her is where we live about 2-3,000 feet below.


Hindu Temple Valley

This is looking across the valley from one temple to a few others built on the other side.  No doubt that the people were in good shape that lived there.

Hindu Temple

This is one of the 9 temples that we walked to.  More pictures of our trip can be seen on my photo album.  Rebecca is going to explain a few of the other pictures.  As she mentioned in this post, our Sunday was very full.  Stay tuned for more from her...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
My wife Amy and I are in the pre-field fund raising stage with MAF (i'm an aircraft mechanic). Last month we found out we'll be heading to Indonesia through MAF US (we're Canadians), and our language training will most likely be in Salatiga.

I really appreciate your blog posts - they're very informative for myself since you guys are experiencing what we will be (God willing) next year. The first thing I read up on about Salatiga was the volcano Mt. Merbabu, and I thought that would be a great mountain to hike. Too bad you'll be off to Kalimantan by the time we get there, or we could hike it together!

May God bless your family in Salatiga and all you're learning, take care!

-Ben Eadie

Sean Cannon said...

Hi Ben! Good to hear from you. I hope this blog will give you a taste of what your future will be like. We should be here until around June 2011. If you make it here that fast it will be good to meet you, if not maybe you'll end up in Kalimantan like us. But know this, wherever you go, we NEED mechanics! I hope you are ready to work! Blessings...

randy Brown said...

sean thank you for all the pictures .I know this sounds kinda weak but... they made me cry because we are fellow workers with you and the pics reaffirmed for me that we are their with you all!!! we love you all so much we pray Gods blessings ,favor and blood over you and Reba(if i am not allowed to call Rebecca Reba please let me know lol)and the girls! in Christ Jesus Lord of all --randy