Sunday, September 19, 2010

Berjalan-jalan

Wood Carver

Went for an afternoon walk with Madison today to get rid of a little cabin fever.  Always fascinating to see new things on familiar routes.  The above picture isn't in great focus, but shows a common position around here.  I cannot squat like that, my knees don't bend that far.  I guess with practice they would, but I'm fine with always wondering.

Tree Frog

I noticed what I thought was a dead leaf upon a larger leaf, and after further looking into it, the "leaf" was a tree frog.  Walking through the nearby woods always yields something to see if you keep your eyes open for it.

Dragonfly

Madison thought this dragonfly was "pretty!"  So, I had to get a picture of it.  This one was a small one.  I have seen them as big as my hand here, as well as the beetles.  I have not had a chance to get a picture of either of them yet.  Wait till I can find a good backdrop to a wood spider...they're bigger than my hand!

No comments: