Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cruising the Kampung

Funny Fungus

Wanting to get out for a bit this afternoon, we, as a whole family, went out walking on some new roads through our kampung...or neighborhood.  Brooklyn spotted these fungi and asked what they were.  I told her they are basically mushrooms, with a twist.

Funny Fungus

Growing on the same log as the yellow fungi above were these bizarre clam shaped fungi.  Brooklyn asked if we could eat them and I told her probably not.  I wouldn't want to find out.

Bringing Home the Hay

While Becca and I talked with a local shop owner (most anyone will talk with us) this man came walking down the street with nearby Merbabu Volcano seen in the background.  I have seen him numerous times in our kampung hauling numerous things; bamboo, wood, hay, etc.  You can tell by his thin body that his job is as hard as it looks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello. my name is puji.
i enjoy reading your blog and your wife's. you both are good writers.
i wish i could make friends with your family. ... and you have three adorable girls... :)
currently i am living in Salatiga too.
God Bless
Puji