Friday, December 31, 2010

First Flight in PalangkaRaya

Yesterday, I had the privilege of riding along on my first flight in a float plane and also here in Central Kalimantan.  It was a blast and it is always a great feeling to have months of ground sickness fade away.  Our first flight had us going to a village about 45 minutes north of PKY to pick up a medivac pateint.  (More on that in tomorrow's post.)  Many people were curious to see who the new guy was when we pulled up to the dock.  The man above wanted my picture so I gave him one if he would let me take one as well.  

Life in and on the water in a very new concept to me, a guy from the high desert of Colorado.  It will take some getting used to always being on the water but it looks like a lot of fun.

After we returned from all of our flying for the day, we got all the airplanes up out of the water and onto the safety of the hangar floor since we have a long holiday weekend due to New Year's Day.  I will be back at the hangar on Monday for possibly some more flying.  Happy New Year!!!

No comments: