Saturday, January 01, 2011

From the Logbook...Medivac

One of the two flights I went on this past Thursday had us flying about 45 minutes north of PalangkaRaya to pick up a patient from the small hospital that supposedly has a hole in his heart.  Shortly after pulling up to the dock on the river, the nearby townspeople brought the young man to the airplane.

I'm not sure of his age, but I would say young twenties.  He was in rough shape and really struggling to breath.  Therefore he was hooked up to oxygen and had an IV in place.

As the patient was loaded, a small crowd began to gather to see what all the activity was about.  It's a new experience trying to put someone or something in the airplane while the airplane is bobbing up and down.  I'm sure I will have some stories in the future of me falling off of the floats and into the river.

Thankfully the doors can be removed easily from the Cessna 185 to assist in getting things or people through the doors easier.

Upon arriving back to PalangkaRaya there was already an ambulance waiting for the young man.  By the time he was being put in the stretcher he really seemed to be struggling to breathe.  Maybe we will hear news of his wellbeing in the future, but often times after a patient heads to the hospital you never hear anything else about them.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel pity to that boy in his twenties feel ill and difficult to breath. Hope he will get well soon. God have mercy on you young boy!

Karelin

Anonymous said...

I feel pity to that boy in his twenties feel ill and difficult to breath. Hope he will get well soon. God have mercy on you young boy!

Karelin

Anonymous said...

I hope that boy is now healthy again.