Thursday, January 06, 2011

A Trip Down the River...Part 1

While waiting for our MAF pilot to return to pick me up this past Monday I was invited to take a canoe ride downstream about 10 minutes to the nearest village.  It was a hoot!

Right after we docked at my canoe driver's floating house, I looked across the river and saw his neighbor taking a bath.  He was sure happy to get his picture taken...suds and all!

You are not a good Indonesian unless you always offer your guests a spot of hot tea.  So, we pulled up a piece of newly laid porch floating on the river and had us a tea party.

While we sipped our tea, we were watched by a group of boys also bathing in the river, right off of my host's front porch.  A new experience indeed.  I will post some more pics from the village trip tomorrow.  Today we are heading home to Java from Borneo to continue our language school.

No comments: