Friday, January 07, 2011

A Trip Down the River...Part 2

(See yesterday's blog for the first part of this story)  After enjoying our tea, we set off to see the sights of the town.  I didn't know I had to cross a big ol' log to get to the shore.  Thankfully, I made it both ways without getting my feet or anything else wet.  

I was invited into another Indonesian's home and yes we drank some more tea.  Thankfully, it is really good so I never have any issues with trying to get it down.

Most of the town seemed to be home during the middle of the day.  As I walked down the only sidewalk in town, everyone seemed to know I was in town and they all popped their heads out of their doors and windows to take a look and the big white dude.  Thankfully, I'm not the first big Westerner they have seen.  

We made it back to Central Java yesterday to continue with language school after a great Christmas break.  It was wonderful to see what we will be part of in a few more months and motivating to keep on working hard while in language school..  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean!
Thanks so much for taking the time to post photos and captions! I love it! It helps us to picture you in your new home and to better understand what your lives are like there.
HUG your family for us!
Love and prayers,
George & Linda Muirhead (Pagosa Bible)