Friday, April 15, 2011

An Update

There is a reason that I haven't been able to keep friends and family updated here for the last month...life.  I will try to sum up some of the main things that have happened in the last month(s).

  • After a lot of discussion, we were asked to leave language school early because my future flight instructor and his family in PalangkaRaya, Kalimantan will be moving to a different MAF base.  Before he leaves, he has to check me out because he is the only float plane instructor on the island of Borneo.
  • We were still going to language school up until yesterday.  I just finished unit 7 of 9.  We still have two more units to finish the whole language school curriculum.  We will return to Java later this year to wrap things up in language school.  
  • We decided to buy a lot of our household furnishings here on the island of Java due to availability, quality, and price.  After purchasing many things, going through the hoops of shipping them to Kalimantan has been a large task.  I'm happy to report that it all left in a 20' shipping container this morning.
  • Tomorrow we leave for PLR and I should be back in the cockpit next week.  As I'm able, I will be posting stories and pictures from our life and ministry in PLR.  My camera misses me!

No comments: