Thursday, July 14, 2011

From the Logbook...First Solo Ops Flight!

After freshly receiving my permission to legally fly in Indonesia earlier this week, I have been busy doing just that.  Yesterday, it happened that myself and our other PLR pilot actually ended up in the same community at the same time.  I circled overhead while he floated his airplane downstream by hand so I could use the dock he is parked at in the picture above. 

After a long day of flying interior, the storm clouds were trying to generate something other than bumpy air.  Due to all the moisture in the air, I was greeted by a rainbow for almost 40 continuous miles while flying home.  It is always cool to see rainbows from the air because they make a complete circle, not just an arc.  However, I would need a different camera lens to capture the whole thing.

2 comments:

Michael C. Rael said...

These are incredible experiences you're having, Sean. It's great to see Indonesia from the air via your photography! Greetings from the San Luis Valley.

Sean Cannon said...

Cool to hear from you Michael! We are living a very special season in our lives right now. Something we will never regret.