Sunday, November 13, 2011

Supporting the Church

This past Friday I had the privilege of taking three Javanese pastors from the Assemblies of God to an interior village called Kunyi.  Their purpose was to meet with the local pastor in Kunyi and talk about partnering to build a church together.  While they met and toured the potential building sites, I also had a fun time walking around the village, paddling around in a canoe, eating at a village "diner" and taking a nap in my airplane.  Over the next several days I'll show a little of what I saw through pictures.  Stay tuned...

This is the current church building.  It looked to be in an okay state to me, but I think they want to build something bigger in a new location.  It's a good thing my passengers had a lot of "business" to conduct because those dark clouds in the background "let loose" about 45 minutes after I landed and kept me on the ground for almost 4 hours until they had rained themselves out.

No comments: