Wednesday, December 14, 2011

From the Logbook...Overnight in Goha

Due to my decision to pick up the patient referred to in the previous two posts, I was "running late" the remainder of the day.  I calculated numerous times throughout the day that if I didn't have anymore hiccups I would still be home before sunset...and then I experienced a hiccup in the form of a large thunderstorm right over PalangkaRaya.  Me and my fellow MAF teammates that I had picked up made it 40 miles from home, about a 15 minute flight.  But, we prudently decided to land and seek shelter.  Thankfully, the village we decided to land at had people living there that we knew.  Shortly after we landed I also began to pour rain for the rest of the night.

After sleeping like a log on the hard floor, we woke up at 5am to find the airplane still where we left it (always a good thing) and prepared to have a breakfast of rice, noodles, and some fried eggs.  The picture above is all of us plus our host at the breakfast table.  Shortly after breakfast we flew the remaining 40 miles to PLR where I geared up to complete that day's flight schedule.  Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

IndoBushPilot said...

I have wondered what MAF did for an overnight that wasn't planned. I had hoped there was an allowance to go home and get a shower etc. I guess not?