Tuesday, October 16, 2012

From the Logbook...Naan Training (pt.2 of 4)

...continued from pt. 1

Have I ever mentioned that float-plane flying is awesome?!  After Isaac completed his solo takeoffs and landings in Naan, I needed to cool off.  What better way than to climb on top of the wing and jump in.  Yee haw!!!

Since I was already wet, I had to do it again.  There is just something special about jumping off of your airplane into a cool river nestled on the equator.

Flying float planes on equatorial rivers is the most challenging flying I have EVER done.  However, it comes with sweet perks as well.

After cooling off, we all loaded up in boats to drive 10 minutes downstream to the village of Naan to eat lunch with the guys we serve there.  Ogasto, seen in the blue shirt on the left, is carrying our picnic lunch.  I had previously arranged with the guys in Naan to do some training on that date, and then planned on eating together with them...I would bring the food and drinks.  More pictures in a few more days...

1 comment:

Irvan said...

no one joining you jumping from the airplane? they missed the really cool stuff to do in equatorial river.