Wednesday, March 20, 2013

From the Logbook...Joloi and Jujang Parit

I was crossing the Equator (see previous post) in order to pick up some of my MAF colleagues that had been ministering interior at a VERY isolated village called Jujuang Parit.  Due to the small size of the river where they were ministering, I had to make a few ferry flights to the nearby village of Muara Joloi to get them out since the small river in Jujang Parit is takeoff weight restricted.

The above picture was taken in the little village of Jujang Parit shortly after I landed to pick up my colleagues.

It was a good time to hear the stories from my colleagues.  The three of them are seen on the float and serve at our other base in Kalimantan called Tarakan.

Children always turn out to see what all of the action is about.  Being that I was so far away from "civilized" life, the people of Jujang Parit live a VERY different life than mine.  It was a pleasure to be able to serve my colleagues and the village of Jujang Parit.  

2 comments:

Irvan said...

i believe those children love to call you "hello mister" and then run away, don't they?

i love the 1st pictures. may i have a high resolution for wallpaper, please?

thanks,

Sean Cannon said...

what is the best way to send you the picture Irvan?