Sunday, January 05, 2014

From the Logbook...Teamwork

Happy New Year to everyone!  2014 has a lot of unique potential for this ministry and we're excited to see how it all unfolds this year.  With the Holidays over, we have been really busy flying, sometimes using two airplanes to one destination simply because our little airplanes can't carry all of the passengers in one load. Above, Aaron is seen flying over the Kahayan river as we make our way an hour interior to the village of Puruk Cahu.

After Aaron and I arrived at Puruk Cahu, we had the priveledge of sharing the dock together; not something that happens all that frequently.  That same day, it seemed Aaron and I were chasing each other in and out of interior villages.  It was a fun orchestra  making sure we weren't flying on top of each other.  Often, as one of us was leaving the dock departing to our destination, the other was just arriving in order pick up passengers going to another destination.

We really had to squeeze the airplanes close at the dock in Tumbang Kunyi.  There really isn't room for two airplanes, but we made it work.  One of the things I enjoy about float plane flying is that EVERY day there is something or some situation that I have never experienced.  It takes dedication and a desire to continually be learning to be a good float plane pilot, and thankfully, I always have something to re-think or re-evaluate in order to do it better, more efficiently, and safer.

1 comment:

sevenx equity said...

hi Sir" I've been see your flight before in my town about in 2000 or 2001, thats bird landing on arut river pangkalan bun... that's my first sight the float flying in my life.. i remember that... :-) thanks sir for my first experience....