Tuesday, February 10, 2015

From the Logbook...Kalaweit Foundation

Just days after receiving my work permit last week...a fun flight opportunity came together to document what a good organization is doing about an hours flight north of where we live.  For a few months I have been working on a flight request to enable a French filming crew to come and make a documentary about a man named Chanee and his organization called Kalaweit.  You can read about Kalaweit by clicking here.

One of the requests that the filming crew had was to film one of our airplanes while airborne.  We were only able to comply with this request literally days before the flight was to occur due to my work permit status.  Thankfully for everyone involved, my permit came through just in time for them. In order to get better shots of the airplane while airborne, the right-side door was removed on the other airplane allowing the cameramen to get good shots of me flying above the jungle near Kalaweit's home.

A storm had just passed through the area before we left leaving numerous "anak awan" or cloud-children in it's wake.  I always love seeing the wispy little clouds left behind after a storm passes.

Inside my airplane were Chanee, seen in the green jacket, his son, a camera man, and VĂ©ronique Jannot, and French actress and singer.  Apparently this documentary is big enough that they brought in some French Star power.  She was a delightfully nice woman.  The whole flight was a lot of fun as it's not everyday that we do something as unique as this.  It always amazes me the wide variety of people my "job" enables me to rub shoulders with.

No comments: