Thursday, February 12, 2015

From the Logbook...Night Landing

Back in December while I was still waiting for my work permit our other pilot was busy keeping the flight schedule going.  One of his flights had him landing just after sunset due a wide variety of factors.  This is unusual to MAF because,  1.) per our own internal rules, we don't fly at night, and 2.) operating a float plane at night can be especially dangerous.  Thankfully, it was still just a few minutes after official sunset leaving a little bit of dusk light and Isaac made a wonderful and uneventful landing.  

I took a few pictures of the landing.  The pictures are very grainy due to the settings I had to use on my camera for the low light, but I thought they still turned out cool enough with all of the airplane lights reflecting off of the water.

After pulling into the slip, the airplane was hoisted onto the hangar floor and we all went home for the night, albeit a little later than normal.

No comments: