Monday, October 02, 2006

Good Weekend

It was a good weekend. Sean was able to be home with us instead of working on the Bronco for the first time in 3 weeks. It was great - we did a whole lot of nothing! I was hoping to go into labor but no such luck. I've had contractions off and on but nothing serious so....guess we just keep waiting. It is still about a week and a half early so I shouldn't be expecting anything. But I'm ready. My wonderful husband makes fun of my gimpy waddle. Not only do I waddle but I have an added "hitch in my get along" because of a pinched sciatic nerve. I do look ridiculous and it takes me ages to walk from one point to the next! I have to laugh at myself but it will be a lot funnier when I'm back to "normal" and can look back at how spasmatic and lumbering (yes, both of those at once) my walk has become. Right now it just hurts to move.

So far so good with the Bronco! Have I mentioned how proud I am of my husband for fixing that thing? We drove it around quite a bit over the weekend and never had a problem. We're still leery to proclaim it completely fixed but we're feeling more and more like we can trust it to get us around. It is a great vehicle and we enjoy driving around in it...although it is a bit difficult for me to get up into at the moment.

Sean continues to fight a headache. It might have something to do with the way the poor guy has to sleep lately. He gets about 10 inches of the bed if he's lucky. I'm pretty sure that my fortress of pillows is causing him to sleep in some weird, contorted positions. I think he might also get cold at night. I have the fan going, the window open, and I tend to throw all the blankets off of the bed in an effort to stay cool. And, of course, I'm up a lot during the night, making a big racket just trying to roll myself out of the bed to go to the bathroom. He's sweet and just endures it - he doesn't dare complain! Yup, I think we're both ready for this pregnancy stage to be done with...not that the next stage of having a newborn in the house won't be without its challenges.....

-- Becca

No comments: