Monday, December 04, 2006

From the Homefront...

Here I am again, Rebecca - you know the wife of the exciting, adventurous pilot! No, I don't get to blog that often any more. Sean pretty much hogs the computer. His news is a lot more exciting and different everyday than mine is - not that I don't enjoy my days at home in Shell but most people don't find my stories of getting all the laundry done in one day very exciting! Actually, I just don't get much extra time to sit down and write at the computer any more (three words: Brooklyn and Madison) When I do get a quiet moment, I'm usually not sitting at the computer but trying to get a box unpacked, dinner in the oven, myself showered, etc, etc, etc....You get the picture.

Speaking of pictures. I know you all are just dying for more pictures of Madison, so here is one we took yesterday. We find it difficult to get a good picture of her right now - or at least one that shows her as cute as she really is. (I think it might have something to do with the fact that she can't hold her own head up very well yet)
Maddie is doing really well. She's already 8 weeks old! We just moved her into her own room and she seems to sleep even better when she doesn't get awakened by Dad's snoring all night long. She wakes up once in the night for a "midnight snack" and then goes right back down to sleep until about 6 am. We can't take any of the credit for that - even though she can be real fussy in the evenings, Maddie has always been very good through the night.

We had a nice weekend in our own house! We're pretty much unpacked and settled in. We even got our Christmas tree set up (we'll blog later about that ordeal), although it did feel a little strange to be decorating for Christmas when it was so hot outside! I don't know, but where we're from picking lemons in our front yard for lemonade and "dashing through the snow" just don't go all that well together. Like Sean said, it may not feel like Christmas here in the jungles of Ecuador but we're going to fake it anyway. I have a feeling that it will begin to feel more and more like Christmas - especially when family is here to celebrate it with us! I'll just keep playing our Christmas music until I'm convinced - it may take a while though, which is bad since we have really awful Christmas cd's!!

No comments: