Tuesday, December 12, 2006

From the logbook...another radio install

After we figured out some last minute planning this morning with my flight, I was finally off around 10:00am to make my first of 6 stops. We installed a radio in a village called Copataza (CPZ). I actually took both of our radio technicians and while they got started I did some other flights hauling around some other missionaries, and some general cargo. We had great weather today, and there isn't a whole lot to write about. As far as mission flying goes, today was very smooth. It was a nice change from some of the flights I have had in the past week. Below are some of the things I have seen lately...

One of the guys in the village of Copataza had a pet monkey. I forgot what species it is. After living in Costa Rica, I enjoy seeing monkeys, but I would never want to have one as a pet. They are dirty little guys, and in some ways just too human like.


The other day at the hangar, I saw the C-130 on approach to land. This is taken right in front of our hangar. There are no taxiways at our airport, which leaves things up close and personal sometimes.

No comments: